Sunday, November 21, 2010

Roller Coaster

Sometimes I feel like I'm on a roller coaster in my daily life.  I graduated college in May with everything figured out and perfect, or so I thought.  I had a great relationship, a college degree, what seemed to be the perfect job, a free place to live, an adorable puppy (well that didn't actually come til June), and a support system that was amazing and loved and cared about me for ME! :)

A few months later, the boy moved to Chicago in June, I moved back to Iowa from home to live with my grandma and started classes at Drake, all at the end of August.  Well, the moved caused things to fall apart in the relationship, I wasn't working yet and my grandma was driving me crazy and I missed home.

Well around that time/beginning of September things completely fell apart in some aspects, while others it picked up.  The relationship was done and I was over it.  Things were so crappy at the end that I wanted nothing to do with that.  I was ready to move on, find someone else and when the year was over, go back to Minnesota.  My job was great, and that kept me going through everything.  I felt like I was actually doing something I wanted to be doing.

Well, it's now the middle of November and things have taken a crazy, life jolting, turn...again.  The job is not as great as it once was.  I don't feel the connection I once did with it all and some of the passion has left.  The boy was wanting to see where things could go again and was very persistent with it. We finally hung out and things clicked again, it all felt right.  Maybe we needed the break.  I know things can be great, they were at one point.  I know with a positive attitude and some patience, things can get there again.  We no doubt have some kinks to work but I think we can do that.

As happy as I am with most things, I'd rather be out laying on a calm, smooth ocean than riding this crazy roller coaster of life.  I'm ready to come out of the tunnel and see the end of the ride.  But does that ever really happen?  Doubtful...

This is what life is like...
When we need more days like this...

and I'll end with this quote from one awesome person... "we must be willing to let go of the life we planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us to live."

No comments:

Post a Comment