Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 1

Day 1
I have a few friends that have talked me into getting this new blog, so I’m giving in.  They are doing 30 days of getting to know them and I want to write about some of the things, so here I am! :) 
Share 7 things about yourself and post a recent photo.
1. I have two beautiful nieces that are truly my world! You can’t be around me if you don’t like them! ;) I have an unbelieveable connection with the older one, and working my way towards that with the younger one.
2. I LOVE the state of Minnesota.  I had known that four years ago, I would never have left.  Here I am, in the state of Iowa and wishing everyday I could be back home.  There is just something about the Twin Cities area…everything is at your finger tips.  But an hour north of the area, you’ll be surrounded by huge, old trees, and thousands of lakes.  Nothing can beat that! :) Simple an amazing state!
3. I have two older siblings, a brother and sister.  Both of them happened to be adopted.  My parents were told they couldn’t have kids…Then came me! :)  Life is full of surprises.  Although I don’t always get along with them, or have that much in common with them, I love them dearly.  They have truly shaped the person I am today.
4. I’m a vegetarian.  Let me save you the time of asking why…It happened in third grade, crazy I know.  Some family brought in one of their baby pigs to my classroom and I have always been a huge animal lover.  My best friend and I at the time promised each other we’d never eat meat again.  She lasted a few weeks, then another few weeks of just not eating any pork products.  I, on the other hand, have not eaten meat in 14 years and counting!  The most annoying thing people can say is, “I could never do that.” I’m not asking anyone to do it or asking for your opinions, it’s a choice I made and I’m not commenting on your choices, thank you very much! 
5. I have a crazy puppy that I love like crazy!!!! :)  She can drive me crazy sometimes, but the love of a doggy is like nothing else! 
6.  I also really love kids! I’m currently a nanny and completing my early childhood endorsement.  My dream job is teaching preschool…I think.  I just want to make a difference in people’s lives.
7. Some people think it’s weird that I love Jessica Simpson.  I’m not really sure why, I guess I just fell in love with her beauty, it’s breath taking!  I believe she played a dumb blonde on “Newlyweds” and don’t really think she’s like that.  And if she, then she gives me some good laughs! :)  It’d be a DREAM COME TRUE to meet her! :) 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment